Monday, March 25, 2013

Sorry I was gone for so long, but I'm back now.

A lot has happened in the past month and a half.  Where to begin...

The biggest news is that I have left id Software to pursue my own artistic endeavors. I have several personal projects that I am extremely excited about and will be pouring all of my heart, soul and energies into them over the upcoming months.  I will share more about them as soon as they are coherent and presentable.

For this reason I have also created a new Facebook page focused solely on my art and my artistic adventures.  Please check it out, and "Like" it so that you can be kept in the loop on things.
https://www.facebook.com/Eliottlillyart 



In the next few days I will also be creating a Tumblr account focused only on my robot designs- should be fun for the whole family. (I would have done it already, but I can't think of a good name to call it. Silly, I know).

I was recently commissioned by a small company called Bombdog Studios (and by small I mean it has ONE employee) to do some promotional work on the upcoming mech title M.A.V. (Modular Assault Vehicle).  Bombdog is a company started by my friend Chad Mauldin, who is truly passionate about mechs: so much in fact, that he is making his own game.  It takes a lot of work to make a game, and I applaud his efforts and progress.  For those of you who love some good 'ole mech on mech combat, and are fans of  titles like Chromehounds, this is the game for you! Check it out here: http://www.bombdogstudios.com/index.php/mav/
I will post my contributions as soon as I get the green light.


The next Nuthin But Mech art book as been announced and I have been asked to participate as a guest contributor.  Keep an eye out for it on the NBM blog   I may even post a work-in-progress here or on my Facebook page if there's time.


And now for some sad news:
The server that hosted my online store was overloaded by SPAM and crashed.  That was when I found out that all of my backed up files were corrupted. So lost it all (whoops).  The store is being re-built as we speak.  Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, it shall be GLORIOUS.


I recently entered into the Mech World Challenge, presented by CGMA. The challenge was set in a post Apocalyptic and  hellish world devoid of breathable atmosphere by humans and overrun with enormous mutated creatures.  The challenge was to design a mech capable of leading an entire army into battle- and eradicating every monster that gets in the way.


Here is my answer to this challenge;  I didn't win, but, I still think it's cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment