Sunday, March 20, 2011

a few quick guns

Taking a break from the H.ARM series for a sec, I got the urge to mess around with some gun designs over the weekend.    I designed a prototype weapon loosely based off of a rail gun and came up with several looks that I figure are worth sharing. I haven't thought thru the logistics of it  ( what it fires, how it reloads, etc.),  this was really more for shitz and giggles.  I am kind of fond of  number 5, so I will prolly flush it out one day.    one day. lol.   

4 comments:

  1. I like #6 and #8 myself......may i model them? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at a lot of concept guns lately (for some reason I've been seeing a slew of them in my feedreader), and these are by far my favorite. Even though these are rail guns, they feel real. The barrel looks like what we expect a rail system to look like and the sights look like real Halo dot sights. Looking at how they're built they really look like they would work if they were your standard cartridge based arms.

    Love the details on the sights and the only thing I wish these had is some sort of RIS for the sights that was more visible.

    My favorite is also #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback guys. I think 5 and 6 are my favorite out the bunch as well, so they very well may get some more love.

    Crime Lord-
    If that's enough information for you to model off of, then by all means go for it. Just send me a link when its all done, so I can check out your work. Thnx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can do....will start them this weekend. :D enjoy your easter!

    ReplyDelete